Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Filling Station: A Must Try in Makati


If you want to be in a happy mode, I guess my formula is very simple: Good comfort food+ happy ambience ( and also cozy at times) + delectable cakes or any sweets. Of course, we all have different equations to our simple joys and whatever fits you, I tell you go for it! This is one realisation that I always keep in mind. 


Know what are your "simple joys.

Appreciate your "simple joys" moments.

Capture the moments. ( I learned this too from Gala Darling) or Instagram it! 


I am happy that I experienced it in Filling Station in Makati last December together with friends from the office. The food was superb. The service was fast considering there were a lot of people that time and it was past midnight where I guess is their peak time. ( our experience when whe went and this might vary to some)  I so loved the cakes and got to sample all of it and it was a celebration of "the-not-so-sweet" cakes. It was actually treat!

The happy vibe was because of the American diner ambience like the one I see in the movies and one can't help but take pictures. It may be quite old but still it has this happy feel for some reason. 

The food actually is good for sharing. 

Here's what we ordered:

Photos courtesy of my friend and you can follow her food posts on IG here:




I love this appetizer!!!






and the drink that I ordered:


And here are the delectable cakes. Brace yourself!!!


 

Altogether now:




So that's it. It was really a place to go to have  comfort food ( that is, if you're on for pizza, pasta, bar chows and these cakes !) 


Filling Station
5012 P Burgos Street, Makati
(02) 897 2053