Friday, March 27, 2015

iCove Subic Hotel & Beach Resort Staycation

Sometimes when I feel a yearning for relaxation, peace and comfort, all I can think of is a quick staycation. You know the scenario: Under the sun in the hotel's pool while sipping your cooler drink or wine and having a me time thinking of anything and everything. (girl's mind, in reality)

and having a sight like this below:

Note: No filter. This sight truly relaxed me.


Last year, I got the chance to stay in iCove in Subic and this hotel was just newly opened then. I was there for learning, training and relaxation. I honestly love Subic eventhough they don't that crystal clear beaches or powdery sands because it has this cozy, relaxing feel. I don't know if it's just me but it feels that if you're there everything is alright and will be alright :) Case in point, it could be one of the reasons why there are a lot of foreigners in there. ( I could be wrong too) But what I am trying to say is..

Subic is always a nice place to have a quick getaway and these came to my mind when I think of Subic:

3 hour drive from Manila.
SCTEX is a breeze.
Disciplined drivers. 
Duty Free :)


Going back to iCove... this hotel is a cozy abode to those who are planning to have a vacation. It not that huge but it can be compared to a neighborhood compound with a swimming pool facing the beach. It's not that luxurious but it's clean and has this comfortable feel.

Let me tour you around..



The Lobby


and here are the pictures of our standard room ( for 2 pax)



and going to the pool, you will pass by here:



and here's their pool


and night time, it looks like this:


We had  free breakfast that comes with our stay and for 3 mornings I had the same thing (they serve 2 kinds of breakfast)  which is fine with me :). Just that, this is an area of opportunity for them to be more creative in their breakfast or be the normal hotel that serves different kinds of breakfast because there will be foreigners who might not like the idea that there are only two choices. I overheard someone not liking the breakfast because it was the same thing. Again, room for improvement is always a great idea :)


As for the service, I didn't have any problem and they were friendly to everyone and helpful too and of course that matters. 

I don't mind going back to iCove for another quick getaway and hopefully this summer. iCove Subic is along Barretto and this is outside the Subic Bay Freeport. You won't get lost because I noticed that the signs of business establishments in Barretto is built big enough to attract customers. 


You can check out their affordable rates here: iCove Subic Hotel & Beach Resort


Cheers to more quick staycation and me time :)