Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Who Am I and What I've Learned from the Old Refrigerator

Image from this link, credit to the owner
This reminds me to take a picture of our old refrigerator


When I was six years old, my sister and I were playing hide and seek but in a different setting. We own an old refrigerator that was not in use that time and we took advantage of it while our mum was doing the laundry outside our house. The refrigerator being an old one is not the usual type where you will just open it freely, this oldie has a push button (a hard one by the way) to open it. The game began when I told my 2 year old sister to close the refrigerator and open it after. Back then, I would like to experience how it feels inside a refrigerator. I did. I certainly did. I wasn’t able to breathe properly and I began shouting to my sister to open the door. The thing is, a 2 year old can’t open that door because the push button was hard to reach. I kept on shouting and fighting for my life. It wasn’t the way I planned our hide and seek. Finally, my mum heard me from afar and saved my life. I would always remember this experience not because I would remember how I almost died inside a refrigerator but the lessons it taught me after my realizations on it. First, is to live life to the fullest and second is always expect the unexpected.

I live life to the fullest by going after my passions in life and they are writing essays and my thoughts, training people, and doing creative stuff that makes me happy. I used to blog back from 2006- 2013 (an on and off thing because of work) and came back to blogging in 2014 as a momma blogger. I maybe in blog hiatus right now but my love for writing will never change.
I am a Learning and Development freelance trainer and have been doing this for the last five years. Learning for me is a continuous and beautiful journey. I love delivering Personality Development training where I talk about the ABC of image, dress codes, grooming, and make up.

It gives me a happy feeling doing creative stuff like event styling, table setting, journal designing, and event planning.

When I say expect the unexpected, it doesn’t mean being negative but having a solid plan when things doesn’t turn out the way you planned it so you can bounce back when it happens.

On a lighter note, I am foodie at heart. I love trying out restaurants of all kinds. I love discovering new places in the metro and provinces.

The oldie refrigerator is still alive and kicking in my parent’s house. It always reminds me of the lessons learned from that hide and seek game we had one afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to hear from you!