Monday, July 12, 2021

Coffee Story # 1: Childhood Memories and French Baker

It's always a blissful moment for me to remember my childhood memories because it give me a certain joy to look back on and to hold on to. I guess it was that beautiful for me but at the same time painful because I can't go back into that moment and relive it again. It was fleeting, I must say. Whether it's  food, music, places, traditions, it always take me back to the good old simple, stress-free days and wish that I can experience it again in real life just for one more time.. for one more day or just simply experience it in my dreams. When challenges and trials are overwhelming for me, I wish I can be transported to my childhood days. 

But that's okay because I remembered I have this blog, this space for me to put it into words and re-tell the stories to myself (self-fulfillment) or to blog readers who might be able to read this and down the line, to tell stories to my son Gavin so that it will be a reminder for him to create beautiful memories to his children.

Anyway, one of my childhood memories with my family was lining up at French Baker and taking advantage of the 50% off before the store closes. I can't remember what branches we've been to except what I can remember was at SM Megamall. I was in high school back then. We used to buy a week's worth of baon and I specifically loved their danish and croissants. We also used to buy baguette back then. Until now I still love it and I normally pair it with brewed coffee. Mama was the one who organized the French Baker lining up activity and Papa was our financer (our term). Hahaha! We grew up having those kind of experiences.

Family memories. 

Today, I look back on those memories when I have the chance to go to French Baker. It's bittersweet I must say. I miss the family moments that come with it but am thankful for those memories. It's a tradition that I will continue to do to overcome this tinge of sadness of not being able to go back to those moments.

So last me time moment, I went to French Baker, ordered my favorite Peach Danish paired with Cafe Americano.

Blissful me time. 

:)


My coffee story


Every bite and sip, took me back to where I would like to be.

Even for just a moment. 

Fleeting moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to hear from you!