Sunday, July 25, 2021

Coffee Story # 3: Nescafe Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine

 I can definitely say that I am powered by coffee. I can't really start my day without coffee and I don't talk to anyone without sipping first my coffee, it's like my power on. I can only  say "carpe diem" after finishing my coffee. 

 ….. and this coffee machine I got from my dad is my coffee story #3 has a story behind it. 

I got a better picture from the actual website and here it is:


SOURCE: KRUPS


Our neighbor/friend where my parents live, gave this to my dad back in 2019. 2019 was the same year my mom died too. Our neighbor who is based in Germany got this for my dad and when she went back home, she gave it to my dad which was few days before my mom passed away. Dad did not use it first because she wanted to wait for mom to arrive from the hospital and share the coffee with her. 

Mom did not get the chance to do that. She passed away last October 2019. 

We used it after and then I offered the first cup to her beside her picture.

This coffee story is definitely the saddest for me. She would have enjoyed it, probably with no sugar because she was diabetic.

This year my dad gave it to me and initially I told him that he might as well  use it and enjoy it. He insisted and up to this time I am using it. I remember two things from this coffee machine: 

1. My memories of mom and those coffee moments with her

2. Dad's ever generous heart 

It kind of match the pandemic season because a lot of people are into creating their own coffee nook and I have mine set up as well. One time I shared it at FB's popular page - Homebuddies. I love other's coffee nook too! Mine is simple and I love it that way. 

I will take a picture of my little nook soon so that I can document it here it too.

For now, here's what's in my phone and capsule:


Old picture from my parent's house


Cafe Americano

 Truly, behind every coffee cup has a story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to hear from you!